Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

MELBOURNE



Recently I was lucky enough to spend a few days in Melbourne shooting for an upcoming magazine. It gave me a wonderful chance to sharpen my still-life styling skills and an even better opportunity to explore the southern city a little more.

Our first day of shooting was at the lush Victorian mansion Butleigh Wootton. I couldn't get over the carefully overgrown gardens and luxuriously furnished rooms. That afternoon I had a chance to scoot into the city and meet the beautiful Jasmin from Friend in Fashion for a chat by the marina. She kindly snapped these shots of me (showing off my super stylish shoot gear... although I must admit I consented to a shoe change prior to our gathering) as the sun set over the city.

Melbourne's weather couldn't have been more perfect. Every day was the embodiment of an Indian Summer: warm sun, cool breezes and fresh, crisp air. At the end of day one, the crew were positively ravenous and insisted we required sustenance that only pasta could give. We made a trip to Pellegrini's in Bourke Street and left well and truly sated.

The rest of the week was a wonderfully sunny, brightly coloured blur of luscious cakes, lashings of fresh flowers, dainty vintage china, overflowing candy buffets and incredibly detailed notes. I explored as much of the city as time would allow, indulging in fine coffee, early morning breakfasts, pizza, lemon and chilli seasoned chips, gelato and drinking in as many pastel-hued sunsets as my eyes would take.


Wearing
Top TEMT Jeans Riders By Lee via The Iconic Shoes ZU Shoes
Fashion Photos by Friend in Fashion
Post Production + Editing by Me 
Magazine Photograph (second from end) Jim Smith  + Cake by Sweet by Nature





No comments:

Post a Comment